We currently have 1 vacancy:
Position: Sessional Youth Worker
Organisation Name: Swan Youth Project
Responsible to: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Downham Market and surrounding areas
Hours per week: flexible
Closing date: ongoing
Our approach to delivering services is key to our success and focuses on youth engagement which enables us to deliver innovative but focused programs in response to need. We aim to support our young people to overcome their barriers and achieve their aspirations, empowering them with the confidence, skills and knowledge necessary to resolve their own needs in the long term.
- To support the delivery of high quality youth work programmes with young people in the area.
- To provide a positive and inspiring role model to our young people
- To ensure that evaluation of the work occurs in consultation with participants, staff and management at all levels.
- To work co-operatively with the team and under the direction of the Assistant Project Manager.
- To undertake administrative work associated within the session under the direction of the Project manager / Worker in Charge of the session.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Demonstrable experience in youth work settings (Centre, Outreach and Detached), with a range of groups of young people aged 11 to 19 years. (D)
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of work. (E)
- Experience of utilizing a variety of methods to delivering work with young people (E)
- Experience of participatory models of practice. (E)
- Prepared to work flexible hours, which will include evening and weekend work (and occasionally residential). (D)
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the issues which impact on the lives of young people. (E)
- A nationally recognized JNC Qualification in Youth Work or equivalent, or to be willing to work towards one (D)
- Experience of working with the voluntary and community sectors (D).
- First Aid Trained (D).
- Experience of delivering issue-based and accredited youth work. (D)
- Demonstrable knowledge of current youth work principles, practices and priorities. (D)
- Facilitation of young people’s participation in decision making (D)
What you’ll get in return:
- Regular line management and support
- Access to training opportunities
- A supportive and forward thinking team around you
What to do next: For more information on this role and to request an application form, please contact Anna Foster 01366 386259 firstname.lastname@example.org or fill and return the Application Form
Swan Youth Project is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be requested from most recent employer plus one other. Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced / Standard DBS check prior to starting employment.
Volunteers are important to our small charity and support us in many different ways:
- Becoming a trustee
- Fund raising
- Supporting sessions
All volunteers apply in the same way as paid workers, via the application form and all will be interviewed and DBS checked. For more information contact email@example.com or fill and return the Application Form